This Barrington staple on busy County Road might appear unadorned both outside and in, but don't let that fool you: The Golden Bowl puts all of its artistic attention on its Chinese food, with special emphasis on Peking, Szechuan, Hunan, and Cantonese cuisine. Its wide-open dining area makes it a great place for groups and especially families who are looking for a quick and no-fuss meal. It's easy to pick and choose from the menu, too, since many of the restaurant's signature meals are displayed in photos around the ordering counter.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 11pm; Fri, Sat, 11am - midnight; Sun, noon - 11pm
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is level with sidewalk.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Everything Chinese, from appetizers to combination plates to lunch and all-day dinner specials
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Peking Duck, Ta Ching Chicken, Szechuan Chicken & Shrimp
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Price level: $
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun, Late-night