Here are some things you should know about this week, Aug. 26-Sept. 1, in and around Barrington:
- The week looks mostly sunny with temperatures around 80 degrees each day; there is a chance of scattered thundershowers on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The Barrington Public Schools open for the 2013-2014 academic year on Monday, Aug. 26; adjust your commutes accordingly with school buses returning to the streets.
- Senior Center Director Louise House leads “chair Yoga” sessions on Monday and Wednesday at 9:30 am and a Yoga session on Friday at 1 pm in the Barrington library.
- “Sheepish Duck,” a writing and drawing club for children in grades 4-7, continues in the Barrington library on Wednesday at 6 pm.
- The Barrington High School boys' soccer team opens its season on Friday at Portsmouth High School in a RI Interscholastic League Injury Fund round-robin match against Middletown High School; the round-robin starts at 5:30 pm.
- The Barrington High School girls' soccer team opens it season on Saturday at Exeter-West Greenwich High School in a RI Interscholastic League Injury Fund round-robin match against Scituate High School at 12 pm.