The Barrington Education Foundations is looking for some new "friends."
The Friends of the BEF work closely with the board on its many initiatives to benefit Barrington's public schools, according to Christine Barton.
To explain exactly when the Friends do, an informational get together is planned for Wednesday, Jan. 22, at 7:30 pm.
Can you answer 'yes' to these questions:
- Are you committed to Barrington students receiving a world-class education?
- Do you want to help make a real impact on the educational experience of students at every school in our town?
- Are you a fan of extraordinary educational opportunities?
- Do you want a chance to contribute based on your interests, skill set and schedule?
Each Friend agrees to participate in at least two volunteer opportunities every year.
The opportunities can include:
- Providing support at an event (one and done) or work on a more long-term committee or initiative.
- Getting involved in fundraising efforts
- Exploring education innovation.
- Helping to plan a new event.
- Working on marketing initiatives.
- Joining community outreach activities.
If you have any questions, contact BEF at firstname.lastname@example.org. The meet and greet will be held at a private home. Contact the BEF for the address if you want to attend.