Volunteers Wanted for Five Boards

The Barrington Town Council is seeking volunteers for CREB, the Planning Board, the Housing Board, the Conservation Commission and the Website Committee.

The Barrington Town Council wants you to consider volunteering to serve on one of five committees.

The Committee for Renewable Energy for Barrington (CREB) has one vacancy. It is charged with advising the Town Council on short and long term strategies to promote energy efficiency, thereby creating savings and reducing the environmental impact of town energy use through conservation and the use of sustainable energy resources.

The Conservation Commission has a vacancy. The board reviews applications for variances or special use permits that are submitted to the Zoning Board for projects in or near wetlands and water bodies.

The Housing Board of Trustees has a vacancy for an alternate. The board is responsible for advising the Town Council on affordable housing projects and the spending of Spencer Trust Fund money.

The Planning Board has one vacancy. It handles development plan review applications for businesses and residential subdivisions and is charged with the development of the Comprehensive Community Plan.

The Town Website Committee has a vacancy. Its responsibility is the supervision of the content, vision and direction of the town website.

Résumé forms can be obtained through the website at www.barrington.ri.gov, at the Town Clerk's Office @ Town Hall, or at the Library.  The deadline to submit your résumé to the Town Clerk’s Office is Friday, May 25, 2012. 


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »