It seems like a never-ending task.
The Barrington Town Council is looking for another group of volunteers to serve on seven boards, committees or commissions. It just named this week five volunteers to serve on three other boards.
Here are the current boards with vacancies:
- Bristol County Water Authority board of directors: 1 vacancy
- Housing Board of Trustees: 2 alternate vacancies
- Board of Assessment Review: 1 vacancy
- Ad Hoc Taxation/Assessment Advisory Committee: 1 vacancy
- Building Board of Review: 1 vacancy with the position requiring that the volunteer be an engineer
- Juvenile Hearing Board: 1 alternate vacancy
- Energy Committee: 1 vacancy
Most of the terms run for three years; the water authority pays a stipend for representatives on its board.
Résumé forms can be obtained through the Barrington website, at the Town Clerk's Office in Town Hall, or at the Barrington Public Library.
The deadline to submit your résumé to the Town Clerk’s Office is Friday, Jan. 24.