The Barrington Town Council expects to appoint members to the Charter Review Commission and give the ad hoc board its charge at its meeting tonight, Sept. 3, in Town Hall.
The meeting starts at 7 pm in the Council Chamber after it complete interviews with applicants for the commission starting at 6:15 pm.
The councilors also will act on a plan to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Town Hall, which was opened in 1888. That celebration is slated for Saturday, Oct. 5.
The councilors also will hear an update on the most recent Bay Spring Community Center renovations, which included the installation of a lift to make the second floor accessible to the disabled. They also will listen to a proposal from the Friends of the Bay Spring Community Center to form a public-private partnership to operate the facility on Narragansett Avenue.
Here is the complete agenda for the meeting tonight:
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2013 @ 6:15 P.M.
TOWN COUNCIL CHAMBER, BARRINGTON TOWN HALL
1. Call to Order
2. Interviews: Charter Review Commission Applicants
3. Pledge of Allegiance - NOT BEFORE 7:00 P.M.
4. Appointments: Charter Review Commission
5. Discuss and Act on Charter Review Commission
• Commission Charge
• National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Outreach Meeting Thursday, September 26, 2013
7. *Adopt Town Council Minutes of July 15 and August 5, 2013
8. *Utility Petitions
9. *Surplus Property
10. *Monthly Department Reports:
Fire Chief, Police Chief/Animal Control Official, Building Official, Public Works Director, Town Planner, Town Solicitor,Finance Director, Tax Assessor, Senior Services Director, Library Director, Barrington Adult Youth Team Coordinator,Recreation and Leisure Services Director and Town Clerk
11. *Abatement List
12. *Resolution: Amending Town of Barrington’s Pre-Tax Premium Plan
13. *Rubber Ducky Race Request from the Barrington Education Foundation (BEF)
14. Public Comment (two minute statement) –
To the public: This agenda item is for members of the public to speak regarding a topic that is not already on the agenda. Please indicate that you would like to speak by raising your hand. When you are recognized, please approach the microphone in front of the Council.
15. Bristol County Water Authority
16. Discuss and Act on 125th Anniversary of Town Hall on Saturday, October 5, 2013
17. Heart Safe Community Designation
18. Discuss and Act on Bay Spring Community Center
• Building Renovation Update
• Friends of Bay Spring Community Center Proposal
19. Senior Center Accreditation
• Latham Park
• Police Cove Park
• DPW - Dump Truck with Plow; Commercial Front Mower
• Veterans Memorial Park Trail Improvements
22. Discuss and Act on Request from May Properties, LLC to Donate Portion of their Land at 256 Sowams Road, Plat 31, Lot 19
23. Discuss and Act on Abandonment Process
24. Discuss and Act on Abandonment of a Portion of Stella Road
25. Discuss Updating Comprehensive Community Plan
26. Discuss and Act on Private Docks on Public Land
27. Set Agenda for October 7, 2013 Council Meeting