New Year’s Day is tomorrow, Jan. 1, celebrated as a national holiday. But you can still shop, eat out and find your favorite coffee in Barrington. And take a plunge into Narragansett Bay with the Annawamscutt Seal Society.
Don’t expect to conduct any town business or mail a letter, though. The Town Hall is closed and there is no mail service on New Year’s Day.
The public library and the senior center in the lower level of the library are closed as well. Schools will reopen on Thursday, Jan. 2.
RIPTA will operate on its holiday schedule.
Here are the New Year’s Day hours for a variety of places in Barrington:
- Barrington Shell Station: 242 County Road. regular hours: 6 am to midnight.
- CVS/Pharmacy: 186 County Road, regular store hours: 7 am to 10 pm.
- Starbucks: 186 County Road, regular store hours: 5:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 256 County Road, regular store hours, 5 am to 11 pm.
- Rite-Aid pharmacy, 236 County Road, regular store hours, 8 am to 9 pm.