- The weather this weekend looks like a mixed bag - some sun, some clouds, but the possibility of showers/thundershowers at times. A high temperature of 84 degrees is predicted for Saturday.
- Schools and all government offices, etc., are closed on Monday, in observance of Memorial Day. The Town Beach will be open on Monday, and begin at 8:30 am Victory Field Gates at the high school.
- The is open from 6 am to noon on Memorial Day. But there will be no Child Watch.
- Beginning on Memorial Day and through Labor Day, active duty military families will have free admission to more than 1,600 museums across the country through the Blue Star Museums initiative. Rhode Island participants include the South County Museum in Narragansett; the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum in Newport; Museum of Arts, Rhode Island School of Design and Rhode Island Historical Society in Providence. For a complete list, click here.
- The in Bristol is open Saturday. IndieCycle will be holding an electronics recycling drive to collect electronic waste including PCs, laptops, PDA's, cell phones, TVs, monitors, keyboards, and other electronics (anything with a wire), plus all types of lead batteries. Mini-fridges, air conditioners and dehumidifiers are accepted for a $10 disposal fee.