Here are five things you should know about this weekend in Barrington:
- The Barrington Land Conservation Trust dedicates a new park in town -- Lombardi Park -- on Saturday, Nov. 10, at 2 pm with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. The park sits just off the East Bay Bike Path at Little Echo pond north of South Lake Drive.
- Common Cause Rhode Island hosts a public session on Saturday morning, Nov. 10, at which you can meet General Assembly members from Barrington, Warren, and Bristol. It runs from 10 am to noon at the Barrington Public Library. The focus is a discussion about government transparency and accountability in Rhode Island.
- The Barrington Public Library will be closed on Monday, Nov. 11, in observance of Veteran’s Day.
- The Barrington Veterans’ Council will lay a wreath at the Honor Roll and the memorial at Town Hall on Monday, Nov. 12, at 11 am – NOT Sunday. You are invited to attend the ceremonies.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open every Saturday from 11 am to 3 pm. Stop by and see its latest exhibit.