Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- The big meltdown continues with temperatures in the mid-40s and generally sunny skies.
- The BAY Team hosts another Parent2Parent workshop series in the Barrington library that finishes the Strengthening Families Program (SFP) – a program found to significantly reduce problem behaviors, delinquency, and alcohol and drug abuse in children. It starts at 6:30 pm with lessons on "choosing good friends and monitoring activities" and "family values, tradition and service."
- East Bay Rowing offers indoor rowing today at 426 Fitness, 426 Metacom Ave., Warren. The winter program begins at 9 am every Tuesday.
- The East Bay Chamber and W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women’s Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) continue at noon today a weekly brown bag lunch series at the Chamber office, 16 Cutler Street, Warren. There is a new guest speaker each week.
- Barrington Presbyterian Church hosts its annual Fat Tuesday "Men Who Cook" community dinner at 6:30 pm in the function room of the church. $15 for adults and $7.50 for children 5 and older.