Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- A nasty day today with periods of rain, possibly up to an inch, and winds of 25 to 35 mph.
- Girls on the Run Rhode Island is an after-school program for girls in grades 3-5. The 10-week program meets at Studio 47 at Barrington Pilates. For more information, and to register, visit the website.
- Love to knit? Join the Knitters Group at the Barrington Senior Center, 281 County Road, the lower level of the library, every Wednesday at 10 am.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open today from 11 am to 3 pm; it is located in the lower level of the library, 281 County Road.
- St. James Lutheran Church hosts each Wednesday during Lent from 6:30 to 8 pm a meal of soup, bread and salad in the Community room, followed by a service of prayer in the Sanctuary.