By Joe Hutnak
As the once-green leaves turn shades of orange and red,
there's no doubt that fall is upon us.
And with just a couple of weeks until Halloween, it's a great time to venture out to check recent crops of pumpkins, or grab a bag or two of apples for apple pies.
Many places around Barrington also offer hayrides and other activities for the family.
Of course, if you don’t want to leave town, you can simply wander on over to St. John’s Episcopal Church on County Road and find your pumpkin – any size and shape – at its annual “Pumpkin Junction.”
- Frerichs Farm, 43 Kinnicutt Ave., Warren, which hosts the South New England Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off on Saturday
- Escobar Farm and Corn Maze, 255 Middle Road, Portsmouth
- Mello’s Farm & Flower Center, 444 Boys’sLane, Portsmouth
- Peckham Farm, 1299 Wapping Road, Middletown
- Sweet Berry Farm, 915 Mitchell’s Lane, Middletown