Here are five things you should know about heading into this weekend in Barrington.
- The annual Rubber Ducky Race and kids festival sponsored by the Barrington Education Foundation takes place on Saturday, Sept. 29, from 2 to 4 pm at Woods Pond near the library; the duckies race at 3 pm sharp. Rain date is Sunday.
- The Bay Spring Community Center on Narragansett Avenue hosts a Harvest Fest on Saturday, Sept. 29; it starts right after the Rubby Ducky Race and runs from 4 to 7 pm.
- Expect a visit from a Barrington athlete on Saturday morning, Sept. 29. It’s the annual Booster Day for the Barrington Booster Club – the annual membership drive.
- Get rid of your unwanted and expired prescription drugs on Saturday, Sept. 29, from 10 am to 2 pm at another Drug Take Back at the Barrington police station.
- The Go Local Farmers’ Market in Barrington continues at Barrington Congregational Church on Saturday, Sept. 29, from 9 am to noon. Get lots of fresh produce and other home-baked goods.