Here are 5 things you may want to know about for this weekend in Barrington:
- St. Luke’s School hosts another “Girls Night Out” holiday shopping experience to raise money for “A Swift Cause”; it starts at 6 pm tonight, Nov. 16, with dozens of vendors showing off their wares; bring non-perishable food for TAP-IN; $5 includes refreshments.
- The Barrington Community Theater finishes its fall season with a festival of one-act plays this weekend: 7 pm Friday, Nov. 16, and Saturday, Nov. 17, in the Barrington library auditorium.
- The Barrington High School Stagemasters perform Annie Get Your Gun tonight, Nov. 16, at 7, Saturday, Nov. 17, at 7 and Sunday, Nov. 18, at 2 pm in the auditorium.
- The Toe Jam Puppet Band performs at the Barrington Middle School on Saturday, Nov. 17, from 3 to 4 pm. The show for children and adults combines music with dancing, puppetry and storytelling; $10 tickets and $30 per family.
- The Barrington Democratic Club, 186 Roffee St., holds its second annual Turkey Raffle on Saturday night, Nov. 17, from 6:30 to 9:30 pm; meat, Thanksgiving, and liquor baskets with plenty of turkeys to be raffled off.
- BONUS: Two Thanksgiving bake sales will be held this weekend: Holy Angels parish on Maple Avenue holds the sale after all masses this weekend – it includes the sale of the Women's Guild Cookbook “Angels in the Kitchen-2012; the Jamaica missionaries at St. Luke’s parish on Washington Road holds its bake sale starting from 7:30 am to 12:30 PM on Sunday.