Columbus Day week ends in Barrington next weekend with a festival, a stroll a fair and a soccer shoot out. Whew!
- Barrington Pilates hosts its third annual 'Pilates for Pink' day at the studio on Friday, Oct. 12, for national breast cancer awareness month; a part of all class registrations will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Sowams School hosts its annual October Festival on Saturday, Oct. 13, starting at 10 am on the playgrounds around the school on Sowams Road.
- The Barrington Business Association sponsors its first Harvest Stroll on Saturday, Oct. 13, from noon to 4 pm with food trucks, pumpking carving and scarecrow making at Town Hall and other activities at businesses around town center.
- St. John’s Episcopal Church hosts its annual Pumpkin Junction fair for kids and their families on Saturday, Oct. 13, during the pumpkin sale from 8 am to 5 pm.
- The second annual Soccer Shot Out takes place next Saturday from 8 am to 2 pm at three Barrington soccer fields to benefit the East Bay Coalition for the Homeless. Sign up at Chianese Park, St. Andrew’s field and Middle Highway field.