Here are some things to know about today, Nov. 1, in Barrington:
- The first day of November will bring rain, warmer temperatures in the high 60s, and some gusty wind.
- The unbeaten Barrington High School football team, 8-0, runs into perennial power La Salle Academy at Victory Field at 7 pm in probably the best high school game of this season so far.
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) comes to the Barrington library and then runs through November. You can write a novel in the library and earn raffle tickets each time you visit with prizes drawn weekly. NaNoWriMo is free and open to teens and adults.
- The annual used book sale of the Friends of the Barrington Public Library starts at 6:30 pm with a fundraising preview in the Senior Center; it continues Saturday and Sunday for free.
- Get weekly updates from the RI Department of Transportation (RIDOT) on the replacement of the Central Bridge (‘White Church bridge’) in Barrington by clicking here.
- Coffee Depot, 501 Main St., Warren, hosts an Open Mic every Friday from 7 to 10 pm for you to show off your talent.