Here are some things to know about today, Dec. 5, in Barrington:
- Overcast with some showers but warmer with temperatures topping out near 55 degrees.
- TAP-IN, the Barrington based social services agency for the East Bay, celebrates the 30th anniversary of its founding at the Rhode Island Country Club.
- The open-gym men’s basketball drop-in program operated by the Barrington Recreation Department continues at the Barrington Middle School from 7 to 9 pm. Men 18 and older can play every Thursday.
- The Barrington School Committee meets at 7:30 pm in the School Committee Meeting Room in Town Hall.
- All Barrington writers are invited to National Novel Writing Month’s TGIO Party (Thank Goodness it’s Over) at 7 pm in the Barrington Public Library. The party celebrates the achievements of all those who took on the challenge of writing a 50,000 word novel in November.
- Want to contra dance? Go to the Warren Community Center at 790 Main St. and join East Bay Contra Dance. You don’t need a partner. There is a $5 fee.
- The holidays are here! Share in the spirit with the rest of Barrington by sharing your photos with Santa, recipes, gift ideas, etc. on Patch. Get the details by clicking here.