Here are some things to know about today, Jan. 22, in and around Barrington:
- Snowstorm forecast to end this morning with another inch or two to fall but very cold temperatures with highs in the teens each day to hang around for the rest of the week.
- The Bristol County Water Authority holds a public hearing on its proposed 4 percent rate hike at 6 pm at its offices at 450 Child St., Warren.
- The Barrington Energy Committee meets at 7 pm in the Senior Center in the lower level of the library building.
- The Barrington High School girls’ ice hockey team travels to the Boss Arena at the University of Rhode Island to trade shots with Bay View Academy at 7 pm.
- The girls’ indoor track team at Barrington High travels to the Providence Career and Technical Academy for a dual meet against Pilgrim High at 5:30 pm.
- The Friends of the Barrington Public Library offer some very special books for purchase directly from the library's book sorting room. Leave your name and telephone number with the Reference Department staff, either in person or by calling 401-247-1920 ext 2.