Here are a few things to know about today in and around Barrington:
- Cloudy with some light snow developing during the afternoon and very cold with a high temperature of around 21 degrees.
- A weekly “brown bag lunch” series for East Bay business women with a new speaker each week continues at noon at the East Bay Chamber of Commerce, 16 Cutler St., Warren. The women’s winter series is hosted by W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women's Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) and sponsored by RE/MAX River’s Edge. Admission is $5 a week. Terrie Wildemann speaks on “Intuitive Leadership.”
- Barrington Public Library screens “The Producers” at 6:30 pm in the theater-like auditorium. One of Broadway’s most successful producers, but with a string of flops, collaborates with his accountant on a show that they believe can raise more money in one night if it flops than if they have a hit.
- Another “Great Places” workshop takes place at 5 pm in the Council Chambers in Barrington Town Hall. It’s part of the final round of a series that is part of the RhodeMap RI planning process to produce a comprehensive statewide planning strategy.
- The Bucket Brewery of Pawtucket, Rhode Island’s newest craft beer brewery, introduces its products in the East Bay at 6 pm at Brickyard Wine & Spirits, 1 Waseca Ave. They’ll be selling 64 ounce growlers of four Bucket Beers.
- The Barrington Boosters host “student cookie night” at halftime of the Barrington High School boys’ basketball game against Shea High School at 7 pm.
- The boys’ and girls’ swimming teams at Barrington High School host the Prout School at the Bayside YMCA pool at 3:30pm.
- The girls’ basketball team at Barrington High School travels to Smithfield High for a game at 7:15 pm.