Here are some things to know about today, Jan. 29, in and around Barrington:
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 191 County Road, hosts at 7 pm the second part of a three-part Parenting Series titled "Practicing Internet Safety: Exploring the Dangers of Sexting, Preventing Cyberbullying, and Managing Private Information Online." Dr. Lawrence P. Filippelli, assistant superintendent of schools in Scituate and an adjunct faculty member and educational consultant at Johnson and Wales University, is the speaker. A guest lecturer statewide on this issue, Filippelli will offer information to parents and anyone who is interested in keeping children safe from cyberbullying, sexting, cybermobbing and online predators.
- The Barrington Committee on Appropriations meets at 7 pm in the School Committee Meeting Room in Town Hall.
- The Barrington High School girls’ basketball team travels to Quincy, Mass., for a game against Quincy High School at 7 pm.
- The Friends of the Barrington Public Library offer some very special books for purchase directly from the library's book sorting room. Leave your name and telephone number with the Reference Department staff, either in person or by calling 401-247-1920 ext 2.
- Snow showers end early with bright sunshine moving in later and a high temperature of around 27 degrees.