Here are some things you should know about in and around Barrington
today, Oct. 3:
- Mostly sunny with a few clouds and temperatures getting into the mid to high 70s again.
- Brickyard Wine and Spirits, 1 Waseca Ave., hosts the annual “Harvest Stroll Kickoff” event of the Barrington Business Association (BBA) and Flower Power. It runs from 6 to 8 pm and will offer food samples from some of Barrington’s best restaurants and some favorite wines as well. Tickets are $20/person and can be purchased on Eventbrite.com or at Daisy Dig’ins on Maple Avenue.
- Learn modern contra and chestnut dances with the East Bay Contra Dance organization starting today at 7:30 pm at the Mary V. Quirk School, 790 Main St., Warren; the dances run every two weeks on Wednesdays through the end of 2013.
- The Barrington High School girls’ volleyball team hosts Tolman High at 6 pm.
- The girls’ soccer team at Barrington High School hosts Bay View Academy at 3:30 pm.
- The girls’ tennis team at Barrington High trades shots at home against the Lincoln School at 4 pm.