Here are some things you should know about in and around Barrington today, Sept. 26:
- Mostly sunny with temperatures getting into the high 60s.
- A public information session on recent changes to the federal flood insurance program and how those changes will affect property owners will be held from 4 to 9 pm in the Barrington library auditorium. The R.I. Emergency Management Agency (RIEMA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are hosting the session.
- Support Literacy Volunteers of East Bay by attending the first production of the new year at 2nd Story Theatre in Warren at 8 pm. It presents “Dancing at Lughnasa,” the 1992 Tony Award Winner for best play. Call 401-247-2177 and ask for Elizabeth to buy tickets.
- The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 7 pm in the board room of the Barrington library.
- The Barrington High School girls’ tennis team trades shots with Bay View Academy on the home courts at 3:30 pm.
- Share all your news from Barrington High School on the blog devoted exclusively to the high school; click here to add news and information about academics, sports, the arts, anything you want.