Here are some things to know about today, Oct. 4, in Barrington:
- Partly cloudy skies early with rain showers developing later in the day and temperatures reaching into the mid-70s again.
- Students at the middle and high schools are invited to an Ice Cream Social and fire safety demonstration at 6:30 pm at Hampden Meadows Volunteer Fire Company, 168 Sowams Road. It is hosted by the Circle of Friends Club in Barrington.
- Dr. Jennifer Reynolds of Performance Physical Therapy hosts a Balance for Life class each Friday in October at the Barrington Senior Center. Participants will learn exercises that build up strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular fitness while gaining postural awareness and muscle balance. It runs from 9:30 to 10:30 am.
- The unbeaten Barrington High School football team travels to Pierce Field at 7 pm to tangle with the East Providence High School Townies.
- The BHS girls’ volleyball team also goes on the road to North Kingstown High School for a match at 6:30 pm.