Here are some things you should know about in Barrington today, Sept. 12:
- Summer weather continues with partly cloudy skies and temperatures getting into the low 80s.
- Speakers from the RI Health Insurance Office, the Department of Health,the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, and the East Bay Community Action Program will provide an overview of "Obamacare" at Roger Williams University in Bristol at 7 pm. Information tables also will be set up to help you find out how to participate in the health insurance exchange. The event takes place in Room 157 of the College of Arts and Sciences building.
- The Barrington Planning Board meets at 7 pm in the School Committee Meeting Room in Town Hall.
- The Barrington Senior Services Advisory Board meets at 7 pm in the Senior Center, located in the lower level of the library building.
- The Barrington High School girls’ volleyball team trades spikes with North Smithfield at home at 6 pm.