Here are some things to know about today in and around Barrington:
- Mostly sunny and cold with a high temperature around 30 degrees.
- The 11th annual Winter Jazz Concert sponsored by the Barrington Preservation Society and featuring the Barrington High School Jazz Ensemble starts at 7:30 pm at the Barrington Congregational Church, 461 County Road. Go to the fellowship hall of 'The White Church'.
- Linden Place Mansion on Hope Street in Bristol also hosts a winter concert tonight. “The Clancy Legacy Celtic Christmas” starts at 7:30 pm. It features a generation of performers descended from the Clancy Brothers of Ed Sullivan fame in the 1960’s.
- Click here for the latest weekly update on the replacement of the Massasoit Avenue bridge over the Barrington River by the Barrington Congregational ‘White’ Church.
- Call the Barrington library ahead of time if you are attending an event or meeting there. Work on replacing the elevator will put it out of service for up to three weeks starting any day now, which will make the second floor inaccessible except by the stairwell. The number is 401-247-1920.