Here are a few things to know about today, Jan. 16, in and around Barrington:
- Mostly cloudy with a high temperature of around 43 degrees.
- The East Bay Business Networking International (BNI) Chapter is hosting a Business After Hours event that benefits Crossroads Rhode Island. It runs from 6 to 8 pm at Raymour and Flanigan, 100 Highland Avenue, Seekonk. The cost is $5 per person, and is open to the public. Bring a toiletry item.
- A co-ed badminton league starts at 7:30 pm at Barrington Middle School. It is sponsored by the Barrington Recreation Department. Bring your own racket if you have one; a limited number of rackets will be on hand. Call the recreation department at 247-1925 with questions.
- Get organized with some free help from Kristin MacRae, professional organizer and owner of Organizing in RI, at the Barrington Public Library at 7 pm. She will offer some tips and organizing solutions to one of life’s biggest problems: taming your paper clutter. This program is funded by Friends of Barrington Public Library.
- Call the Barrington library ahead of time if you are attending an event or meeting there. Work on replacing the elevator has started, which makes the second floor inaccessible except by the stairwell. The number is 401-247-1920.