Invite a friend
Waitress Sweetens the Big Screen
This witty, smart, award-winning film was surrounded by sadness after the untimely death of writer, director and actress Adrienne Shelly; but the film stands as a testament of Shelly’s gift for writing multi-faceted human roles. Brilliant acting and a great script make Waitressa delight for the viewer. Come check it out! For more information, please visit: www.barringtonlibrary.org. Free and open to all.
More About Town of Barrington Public Library
The library is recognized as one of the finest in Rhode Island with a mission to provide free, diverse and easily accessible materials, services and programs that educate, inform, enrich and entertain Barrington residents, according to Director Debbie Barchi. It is a member of the Ocean State Lending consortium of libraries, which share an online catalog. It offers databases that can be accessed online at the library or from a home or business. The library strives to serve all age groups and their special needs. One of its most popular adult programs is a film series in an auditorium that boasts state-of-the-art visual equipment, a wide screen and padded stadium seating. Meeting space is available for a small fee. The library offers copy machines and homedelivery of materials. Hundreds of story hours for children from babies to pre-teens draw thousands of participants each year. The picturesque two-story library occupies most of the square footage of the retrofitted and refurbished former high school next to the Town Hall.
Other events here
- Best Judgment: Ladd School Lessons Today, May 23, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Landscape Paintings, Mixed-Media on Display in Library Daily,
- From Book to Film: Les Miserables & The Hobbit on the Big Screen at Barrington Public Library May 9, 2013 / May 30, 2013, 6:30 pm–9:15 pm
- How Can We Keep From Singing? Women RIsing A Cappella Chorus Sat, Jun 1, 4:00 pm
- An Evening at Blithewold Part 1: Legacy of An American Family Thu, Jun 13, 7:00 pm
- An Evening at Blithewold Part 2: The Gardens Thu, Jun 27, 7:00 pm