Invite a friend
Learning about Macs
Mac Aficionado Sylvio Gario will teach the basics of using Apple OS X and computers, such as the MacBook, MacBook Air, iMac and Mac Mini (participants bring their own computers). Find out how Macs differ from Windows PC’s and get tips on menus, applications, and connecting to a wireless network.
Sylvio Gario has a professional background in computer support and technical training. Formally trained in the Digital Photography program at RISD, in his practice as a Visual Artist, he works primarily with Apple products. Sylvio is excited about sharing his knowledge of Apple computers with the community.
|Where||Town of Barrington Public Library 281 County Rd, Barrington, RI 02806|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:30 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Town of Barrington Public Library
The library is recognized as one of the finest in Rhode Island with a mission to provide free, diverse and easily accessible materials, services and programs that educate, inform, enrich and entertain Barrington residents, according to Director Debbie Barchi. It is a member of the Ocean State Lending consortium of libraries, which share an online catalog. It offers databases that can be accessed online at the library or from a home or business. The library strives to serve all age groups and their special needs. One of its most popular adult programs is a film series in an auditorium that boasts state-of-the-art visual equipment, a wide screen and padded stadium seating. Meeting space is available for a small fee. The library offers copy machines and homedelivery of materials. Hundreds of story hours for children from babies to pre-teens draw thousands of participants each year. The picturesque two-story library occupies most of the square footage of the retrofitted and refurbished former high school next to the Town Hall.
Other events here
- Registration for Jr. Summer Reading Club Daily, 9:30 am–9:00 pm
- Registration for Readers Theater: "Unearth the Underground!" Daily, 9:30 am–8:00 pm
- Music with Sarah Gardner: "Underground Songs" Tomorrow, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Registration for Summer Reading Club: "Dig Into READING!" Daily, 9:30 am–4:00 pm
- Let's Start With the Children Mon, Jun 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- An Evening at Blithewold Part 2: The Gardens Thu, Jun 27, 7:00 pm
- RHYTHM IMAGINARIUM Workshop Registration July 1, 2013 / July 2, 2013 / July 3, 2013 / July 5, 2013 / July 6, 2013 / July 8, 2013, 9:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Morning Multi-Age Storytime July 5, 2013 / July 12, 2013 / July 19, 2013 / July 26, 2013, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- RHYTHM IMAGINARIUM Workshop Mon, Jul 8, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Readers Theater: "Unearth the Underground!" July 11, 2013 / July 22, 2013 / August 1, 2013, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm