Invite a friend
Cary Grant Film Series: The Philadelphia Story
The Philadelphia Story is presented with pre-film commentary by librarian Doug Swiszcz.
I this 1940 black and white film aA socialite (Katharine Hepburn) plans to remarry, but not if her ex-husband (Grant) can help it. With James Stewart and Ruth Hussey.
More About Town of Barrington Public Library
The library is recognized as one of the finest in Rhode Island with a mission to provide free, diverse and easily accessible materials, services and programs that educate, inform, enrich and entertain Barrington residents, according to Director Debbie Barchi. It is a member of the Ocean State Lending consortium of libraries, which share an online catalog. It offers databases that can be accessed online at the library or from a home or business. The library strives to serve all age groups and their special needs. One of its most popular adult programs is a film series in an auditorium that boasts state-of-the-art visual equipment, a wide screen and padded stadium seating. Meeting space is available for a small fee. The library offers copy machines and homedelivery of materials. Hundreds of story hours for children from babies to pre-teens draw thousands of participants each year. The picturesque two-story library occupies most of the square footage of the retrofitted and refurbished former high school next to the Town Hall.
Other events here
- Landscape Paintings, Mixed-Media on Display in Library Daily,
- Best Judgment: Ladd School Lessons Tomorrow, May 23, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- From Book to Film: Les Miserables & The Hobbit on the Big Screen at Barrington Public Library May 9, 2013 / May 30, 2013, 6:30 pm–9:15 pm
- How Can We Keep From Singing? Women RIsing A Cappella Chorus Sat, Jun 1, 4:00 pm
- An Evening at Blithewold Part 1: Legacy of An American Family Thu, Jun 13, 7:00 pm
- An Evening at Blithewold Part 2: The Gardens Thu, Jun 27, 7:00 pm