With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute.
And during the last couple of days, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought in Barrington and require little stress:
- Go to Hollies on the Avenue or Grasmere and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to Daisy Dig'ins or Wild Flower Florist for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to Barrington Books and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Vienna Bakery or Borelli's Bakery and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Center ACE Hardware and pick up a gift certificate or a new power or hand tool for the do-it-yourselfer in your life.
- Go to Avessa or Tiffany's or Ciao Bella and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
- Go to Grapes & Grains or Brickyard Wine & Spirits and give someone a fine bottle of wine or spirits.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.