Town Council Meets Hour Earlier Tonight
Eight board appointments are on the Barrington Town Council agenda, including to the water authority, which gets a lot of other attention; there is a public hearing on stop signs, and the new plastic bag ban is back on docket.
The Barrington Town Council meets today, Jan. 7, at 6 pm -- an hour earlier than usual -- for its first meeting of the new year.
The Bristol County Water Authority gets a lot of attention. There will be an interview for a board member, the monthly report, recommendations and a resolution to make a host of changes to the authority’s by-laws that need an amendment by the General Assembly to the act that created the authority, and a discussion on a possible alternative to the water authority.
Also on the agenda are interviews for and appointments to vacant positions on seven other Barrington boards or commissions; a resolution recognizing longtime community volunteer Mary Alyce Gasbarro; a presentation on the annual audit, and a discussion of the plastic bag ban that went into effect in town on Jan. 1.
A public hearing also will be held on an ordinance that puts stop signs on Narragansett Avenue and Woodbine Avenue, and Latham Avenue east and west.
Here is the complete Town Council agenda for Jan. 7. Click here to see it online.
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 7, 2013 @ 6:00 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBER, BARRINGTON TOWN HALL
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Interviews: Bristol County Water Authority, Building Board of Review, Conservation Commission, Harbor Commission, Housing Board of Trustees, Library Trustees, Park and Recreation Commission and Zoning Board of Review
4. Announcement(s): NOT BEFORE 7:00 P.M.
5. *Adopt Town Council Minutes and Executive Session Minutes of December 17, 2012
6. *Resolution in Recognition of Mary Alyce Gasbarro
7. *Utility Petition(s)
8. *Monthly Department Reports: Fire Chief, Police Chief/Animal Control Official, Building Official, Public Works Director, Town Planner, Town Solicitor, Finance Director, Tax Assessor, Senior Services Director, Library Director, Barrington Adult Youth Team Coordinator and Town Clerk
9. *Abatement List
10. *Business, Holiday and Private Detective License Renewals
11. Public Comment (two minute statement) - To the public: This agenda item is for members of the public to speak regarding a topic that is not already on the agenda. Please indicate that you would like to speak by raising your hand. When you are recognized, please approach the microphone in front of the Council.
12. Sushi Express Liquor License Transfer
13. Bristol County Water Authority
a. Monthly Report
b. Discuss and Act on Recommendations from Bristol County Water Authority By-laws and Ad Hoc Committee
c. Adopt a Resolution Approving BCWA Legislation and Requesting General Assembly Delegation to Introduce and Enact Same
d. Discuss and Act on Alternatives to the Bristol County Water Authority
14. Annual Audit Presentation
15. Resolution: United Veterans Council Request for Approval of Honor Roll Criteria
16. Public Hearing: Ordinance #2012-8 Stop Intersections Designated at Narragansett Avenue and Woodbine Avenue, Latham Avenue East & West
17. Bids: Department of Public Works - Refuse Bags
Police Department – Two Ford Interceptor Police Cruisers
18. Appointments/Reappointments: Bristol County Water Authority, Building Board of Review, Conservation Commission, Harbor Commission, Housing Board of Trustees, Library Trustees, Park and Recreation Commission and Zoning Board of Review
19. Discuss and Act on Directing the Conservation Commission to Track the Impact of the Plastic Bag Ban
20. Suggestions for Agenda Items for Joint Meeting with School Committee and Appropriations Committee Meeting on Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:00 P.M.
21. Set Agenda for February 4, 2013 Council Meeting