This Weekend: Historic Tour, 'Beach Slam'
Here are five things you should know about heading into what is forecast to be a glorious late summer weekend in Barrington.
- Learn ballroom and Latin dancing Friday evening, Sept. 14, at the Barrington Democratic Club, 186 Roffee St., with professional Barrington dancer Nelia Lawton. She teaches at 7 pm and hosts a social dance from 8 to 11 pm.
- The Barrington Preservation Society is hosting a tour, “Destination Drownville,” of one of the town’s most historic neighborhood’s on Saturday, Sept. 15, from 10 am to 4 pm. Buy your ticket at the Barrington Christian Academy on Old County Road starting at 9 am.
- The Go Local Farmers’ Market in Barrington continues at Barrington Congregational Church on Saturday, Sept. 15, from 9 am to noon. Get lots of fresh produce and other goods.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open from 11 am to 3 pm on Saturday, Sept. 15. The exhibit, “200 Years of Barrington Summers,” continues.
- Save the Bay’s second annual Beach Slam takes place at Tillinghast Farm on Nayatt Road in Barrington starting at noon on Sunday, Sept. 16. There will be plenty of family-friendly activities in the farm meadow and on Narragansett Bay until 5 pm.