This Weekend: Lots to Do in Barrington
Here are five things you should know heading into a very busy weekend in Barrington.
- Barrington Neighbors and Newcomers hosts an East Bay open tennis tourney at Barrington High School on Saturday, Sept. 8, at 4 pm with plenty of refreshments provided by Miz Fibz Deli.
- The weekly Barrington Farmers’ Market runs from 9 to noon on Saturday, Sept. 8, with the RI Food Bank inviting you to write your thoughts about the problem of hunger in Rhode Island on the back of a paper plate for delivery to local legislators, posting on Facebook and a public display at the end of September.
- Take a tour of the historic Johannis Farm in Barrington on Saturday, Sept. 8, with the Barrington Land Conservation Trust as your guide. Start at Sowams School between 10 am and noon.
- Center ACE Hardware hosts a car wash from 10 am to 1 pm to raise cash for St. Luke’s Church’s Jamaica missionaries.
- Temple Habonim’s first art gallery show runs Sunday, Sept. 9, from 1 to 3 pm with works by Marc A. Jaffe, Bonnie P. Jaffe, Lenny Rumpler, Roberta Segal and Barnet Fain. The temple is located at 165 New Meadow Road.