Pick Pumpkin; Tend Trail; Recycle Electronics
There are plenty of things to do in and around Barrington this weekend.
- The annual Pumpkin Junction at St. John's Episcopal Church -- the "Red Church" -- on County Road is open for the pre-Halloween shopping. Stop by this weekend and pick up some of the orange gourds for your home.
- The Townwide Trails Team could use some volunteer help on Saturday morning, Oct. 5, at Veterans' Memorial Park. A trail will get some tender loving care between 9 and 11 am. Meet at the kiosk at the rear parking lot.
- Saturday, Oct. 5, is a free family fun day at the Audubon Society's Environmental Education Center on Hope Street in Bristol, courtesy of the Citizens Bank Foundation.
- The Go Local Farmers’ Market in Barrington continues at Barrington Congregational Church on Saturday, Oct. 5 , from 9 am to noon. It features a free electronic recycling pickup this week.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open from 11 am to 3 pm on Saturday, Oct. 5. The exhibit, “200 Years of Barrington Summers,” continues for a few more weeks.