Municipal Court, Latham Park Erosion, Affordable Housing on Council Agenda
The Barrington Town Council meets tonight at 7 in the Council Chamber in Town Hall.
An ordinance to establish a municipal court in Barrington and a presentation that suggests recommendations to control erosion at Latham Park are among the items on a lengthy agenda for the December Town Council meeting tonight.
The session starts at 7 pm in the Council Chamber in Town Hall.
Also on the Town Council agenda are several interviews for the vacant position on the Committee on Appropriations, and items that deal with a senior tax deferment, the community center feasibility study, and potential suggestions to change Rhode Island’s affordable housing legislation.
BARRINGTON TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBER, BARRINGTON TOWN ALL
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Interview(s): Appropriations Committee
5. *Adopt Town Council Minutes of November 5, and December 3, 2012 Council Meetings
6. *Utility Petition(s)
7. *Monthly Department Reports: Fire Chief, Police Chief/Animal Control Official, Building Official, Public Works Director, Town Planner, Town Solicitor, Finance Director, Tax Assessor, Senior Services Director, Library Director, Barrington Adult Youth Team Coordinator and Town Clerk
8. *Abatement List
9. *Entertainment License Renewal for Chiazza
10. *Memorandum of Agreement between Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) and Town of Barrington re. Police Details
11. Public Comment (two minute statement) - To the public: This agenda item is for members of the public to speak regarding a topic that is not already on the agenda. Please indicate that you would like to speak by raising your hand. When you are recognized, please approach the microphone in front of the Council.
12. Request for Victualling License from Mangia of Barrington
13. a. Bristol County Water Authority Monthly Report
b. Request to Meet with Town Council to Discuss Strategic Plan, Financial Plan and Rate Increase Information
14. Discuss and Act on Recommendations from BCWA By-laws and Ad Hoc Committee
15. Latham Park Erosion (EA Engineering) Update
16. Discuss and Act on Paul Blasbalg’s Request - Harbor Commission Recommendation re: Study of Policies and Procedures for Barrington Harbor Safety
17. Discuss and Act on Lezaola Donation – Recommendation from Planning Board and Conservation Commission
18. Discuss and Act on Senior Tax Deferment
19. Discuss and Act on Community Center Feasibility Study
20. Discuss and Act on Affordable Housing Legislation
a. Ordinance #2012-8 Stop Intersections Designated at Narragansett Avenue and Woodbine Avenue, Latham Avenue East & West
b. Ordinance #2012-9 Municipal Court
22. Major Projects Update
23. Council Liaison Assignments
24. Resignation(s): Kevin Fitta, BCWA effective Feb. 2013 Ann P. Strong, Planning Board
25. Appointment(s)/Reappointment(s): Appropriations Committee
26. Set Date for Future Meeting between Town Council and School Committee
27. Set Agenda for January 7, 2013 Council Meeting
28. Executive Session in Accordance with RIGL 42-46-5(a) (2) Litigation re. Solicitor’s Status Report on all Outstanding Tax Appeals and Zoning/Planning Board Litigation Matters and 42-46-5 (a) (5) Acquisition of Real Property