Get Flu Shot With Your Fresh Food
Barrington Farmers' Market at the 'White Church' runs Saturday morning from 9 to noon.
You can get a free flu shot on Saturday morning, Sept. 22, while shopping for fresh produce and other fresh foods at the Barrington farmers’ market.
Flu shots will be given from 9 am to noon for anyone 18 and older. Bring your insurance card.
The market sets up in front of the Barrington Congregational (White) Church. It includes a host of vendors and outdoor Yoga behind the church along the Barrington River from 8:30 to 9:30 am.
- Aquidneck Island Apiaries, Portsmouth, RI – Pure honey direct from the hive, just the way the bees made it. Offering bee relocation as well.
- Baffoni Poultry Farm, Johnston, RI – All natural, cage-free poultry and eggs from 80 acre farm run by Baffoni Family for 75 years. Chickens are fed all vegetarian diet, and eggs hand-picked and packed.
- The Cheese Plate, Warren, RI - Wonderful cheeses, wines, fresh baked breads.
- La Creperie, Providence, RI - Just off of Thayer Street, on the East Side, some of the best crepes this side of Paris! Savory and sweet crepes made to order at our market on select market days. (See our newsletter to see when La Creperie will be at the market.)
- Foxboro Cheese mall farmstead cheese-maker on Lawton’s Family Farm (300 year old farm!). Fromage Blanc is their flagship award-winning cheese, available in several flavors. The cows are grass-fed, no artificial hormones or antibiotics are used.
- Mapleville Farm, Mapleville, RI - small farm and bakery, nestled in the heart of the Northwest corner of RI, their delicious, authentic Italian pastries have been passed down through generations.
- Netties Kettle Corn, North Providence, RI - Artisan producer. Delicious kettle corn made locally and can be found in 61 stores in RI, MA and CT and luckily, at our market!
- The New Urban Farmers, Pawtucket, RI - Bringing fresh produce from non-profit urban farms in Pawtucket, working to restore our environment by creating sustainable agricultural systems in the city.
- Oakdale Farm, Rehoboth, MA - Organic produce, herbs, jam. 6th generation working vegetable and horticulture farm, committed to safe and environmentally friendly farming (Integrated Pest Management - IPM).
- Providence Coffee Roasters, East Providence, RI - 100% Fair trade organic coffee by the cup and pound. Delicious fresh brewed coffee at every market, hot or iced.
- Seven Stars Bakery, Providence, RI - Bread and other fine baked goods, fresh baked and delicious, made from scratch daily.
- A Summer Place Farm, Rehoboth, MA – Seasonal vegetables and fruit.
- Sweet Lorraines Candy, Barrington, RI - A family owned candy shoppe which specializes in penny candy as well as local artisan chocolates and confections.
- Uncle Matty’s, East Providence, RI - 100% pure, all natural coffee syrup, a RI tradition!
- Windmist Farm, Jamestown, RI - Naturally raised beef, pork, chicken, lamb and goat. The animals are raised on grass, and free of growth hormones or unnecessary antibiotics. Studies have shown that grass fed beef has less fat, which means you're buying more meat per pound here at the farm, and also more vitamin E, beta- carotene, vitamin C, and a number of health-promoting fats, including omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ava Anderson - Non-Toxic, Barrington, RI - Quality Personal Care products, including skin, body, face, sun and baby and home.
- Earth Essence Herbals, Carolina, RI - Natural Skin Care Products from Carolina, RI for Body, Mind & Spirit.
- Galia Roloff Jewelry, Barrington, RI - Designer and artist, handmade silver and leather jewelry, no two creations are exactly alike. Facebook and Etsy.
- George's Glass Jewelry, East Providence, RI - George Henderson is an imaginative collector of anything you can find on the beach or is beach related. One of a kind sea glass jewelry.
- Swarovski Jewelry, Cranston, RI - Beautiful crystal jewelry
- Style Unleashed, Barrington, RI – A variety of healthy, practical and fun products for pets.
"Come to the market to do your weekly grocery shopping," said Lisa Browning, market manager. "Eat real food, local and farm-fresh. Support your and your family's health, support local farmers and support local businesses. Rain or shine, we go indoors!"