Five Things To Know About This Weekend
Pet photos with Santa; gingerbread house decorating; Jingle Bell Run; family holiday show; 'Deo Gloria!' concert.
Here are five things you should know about this weekend in and around Barrington.
- Get your pet’s photo taken with Santa Claus on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 10 am to 4 pm at the Domina's Agway, 1348 E Main Road, Portsmouth.
- Whole Foods Market, 261 Waterman Avenue, Providence, hosts gingerbread house decorating for up to 12 children from noon to 2 pm. Call customer service (401-272-1690) at the store to reserve a spot.
- The Barrington Business Association’s first “Jingle Bell Run” takes place on Sunday, Dec. 9, starting at noon at the Bayside YMCA. Walk or run .7 of a mile dressed for the holidays and win prizes for you and your pet.
- Celtic harpist and fiddler Mary King performs a 30-minute family holiday show on Sunday, Dec. 9, at the Barrington library that will celebrate the seasonal traditions of Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanzaa. It starts at 2 pm.
- The Barrington Presbyterian Church hosts on Sunday, Dec. 9, “Deo Gloria!,” a choral and instrumental concert starting at 3 pm.