Cell Phone Making You Sick?
Here are 5 tips from AT&T on how to avoid getting sick from your cell phone.
You shake hands, touch doorknobs and staircase railings – and then you touch your phone and put it to near your mouth.
There can be no doubt that a lot of germ-sharing takes place while you are using your wireless phone – especially during the winter months.
So, what extra steps can you take to prevent getting sick from your cell phone? Here are 5 simple rules – some of these will sound familiar:
- Keep your germs to yourself. Don’t share your cell phone unless it’s an emergency. This rule is especially important for teens who tend to pass phones around or parents who let their toddlers play with their phones.
- Wash your hands frequently. Sing a verse from a familiar song (e.g., “Happy Birthday”) while lathering and rinsing. Don’t rush.
- Follow your phone manufacturer’s instructions and clean your cell frequently.
- Try using a hands-free headset, minimizing your keypad-to-face exposure
- Don’t – please don’t – use your phone in a restroom. Some calls or texts can wait!
Do you have any other tips you can share with cell-phone users? Jot them down in the comment box below.