It's Brenner's Final Council Meeting
Longtime Barrington Town Councilor Jeff Brenner is stepping down; tonight is his final meeting after 20 years as a councilor and Zoning Board member.
Liquor license renewals, middle school options, and the union contract for public works’ employees are on the agenda for tonight’s Barrington Town Council meeting in Town Hall. It starts at 7 pm.
The highlight of the agenda, though, may be the recognition of attorney Jeff Brenner, who is stepping down as a town councilor after 8 years, and for his previous years of service on the Barrington Zoning Board.
Brenner is a litigation partner with Nixon Peabody and the leader of the law firm’s real estate litigation team and construction group.
Brenner was elected to the Town Council in 2004 and served as the president until 2008. He served on the Zoning Board for 12 years -- from 1992 to 2004. He was chairman of that board from 1998 to 2004 before being elected to the council.
Brenner will be recognized publicly at the start of the meeting.
Here is the complete agenda or click here to see it on the Barrington website.
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2012 @ 7:00 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBER, BARRINGTON TOWN HALL
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Interviews: Cemetery Commission, Committee for Renewable Energy for Barrington (CREB), Housing Board of Trustees, Juvenile Hearing Board and Zoning Board of Review
- Recognition of Councilman Brenner for his Years of Service
- Veterans’ Day Ceremony at the Honor Roll on Sunday, November 11, 2012
5. *Adopt Town Council Minutes October 1 and Executive Session Minutes of October 1 and October 19, 2012
6. *Utility Petition(s)
7. *Monthly Department Reports: Fire Chief, Police Chief, Building Official, Public Works Director, Town Planner, Town Solicitor, Finance Director, Tax Assessor, Senior Services Director, Library Director, Barrington Adult Youth Team Coordinator and Town Clerk
8. *Abatement List
9. *Surplus Property
10. *Entertainment Renewal Licenses
11. *Request from St. Luke’s School PTO for Class F Retailer’s License for Craft Fair November 16, 2012
12. Public Comment (two minute statement) - To the public: This agenda item is for members of the public to speak regarding a topic that is not already on the agenda. Please indicate that you would like to speak by raising your hand. When you are recognized, please approach the microphone in front of the Council.
13. Discuss and Act on Request for Victualling License for Mangia of Barrington
14. Discuss and Act on Approving Two Options Recommended by Building Committee and Confirmed by School Committee Relating to Middle School
15. Bristol County Water Authority Report
16. Liquor License Renewals
17. Discuss and Act on Planning Board’s Request for Stop Sign at Narragansett Avenue and Woodbine Avenue
18. Endorse Submittal of RIDEM Trails Grant Applications for Improvements to Trails in the Hampden Meadows Greenbelt and at Veterans Memorial Park
19. Discuss and Act on Department of Public Works’ Union Contract
20. Department of Public Works Bids:
a. One Truck w/Dump Body & Snow Plow
b. One Crew Cab Truck w/Dump/Utility Body and Snow Plow
c. One 4 Wheel Drive Diesel Tractor with Attachments
d. One Heavy Duty Dump Mounted Material Spreader
e. One Cargo Work Van
21. Discuss and Act on Expenditures for Local Government Workshop to be held on November 28, 2012
22. Resignation: A. Gerson Greenburg from Committee for Renewable Energy for Barrington (CREB) Effective December 2012
23. Appointments/Reappointments: Cemetery Commission, Committee for Renewable Energy for Barrington (CREB), Juvenile Hearing Board and Housing Board of Trustees
24. Next Meeting is December 3, 2012, Organizational Meeting
The Town of Barrington will provide accommodations needed to ensure equal participation in all meetings. Please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting so arrangements can be made to provide such assistance. A request for accommodations can be made in writing to 283 County Road or by calling 401-247-1900, Ext. 301 (voice) or call 711 “Relay” if you are a TDY OR TDD user. The Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library and Barrington Public Safety Building are accessible to the disabled.