Listen for the knock on your door tomorrow morning, Sept. 29.
Barrington High School athletes are going door to door on Saturday morning for the 20th annual Barrington Booster Club membership drive.
Many of you should have received a letter from the Booster Club alerting you to the fund drive, said Christine O’Grady of the Booster Club.
"This drive plays a huge part in the continued success of all athletic programs at both the middle school and the high school," she said.
Money raised pays to recognize student-athletes, purchases athletics gear and equipment for the high school and middle school, and maintains the “Booster Board” on the corner of County Road and Federal Road and the Eagles’ Nest concession stand.
Among the purchases made from proceeds of last year's drive, according to the Booster Club:
- Booster Day Platinum Donor Sign
- State Field Hockey Banquet Advertisement
- Citizens Scholarship Foundation Donation
- Portable Netting System for Boys Lacrosse/Field Hockey
- Scrimmage Jerseys for Boys Lacrosse
- JP Medeiros Memorial Hockey Game
- Award Jackets, Plaques & Emblems
- Words Unlimited Program Ad – Ann Marie Marino, Coach of the Year
- HUDL Video Coaching Software Renewal
- Video Cameras/Bags/Tripods/Batteries
- Barrington Eagles Tent
- Helmets & Pitching Screens for Girls Softball
- New Bats for Boys Baseball
- Holiday Basketball Tournament
- Popcorn Machine for Eagles Nest
- Wrestling & Field Hockey Warm Ups
- Boys Track Coach Travel Allowance to New Balance National Meet
- Track & Field Record Board
- Winter/Spring Sports Schedules
- Blue Out T-Shirts
Membership categories include Platinum Eagle for $250; Golden Eagle for $100; Silver Eagle for $50; and General Membership at $25. But you can contribute any amount.
The Platinum Eagle includes your name on a plaque at the Eagles Nest and two free admissions to all high school athletic events. The Golden Eagle includes one free admission to all high school athletic events.