You could get a visit from a Barrington athlete on Saturday morning, Sept. 29.
The high school athletes will be going door to door again for the 20th annual Barrington Booster Club membership drive.
Money raised through the membership drive pays to recognize student-athletes, purchase athletics gear and equipment for the high school and middle school, and maintain the “Booster Board” on the corner of County Road and Federal Road and the Eagles’ Nest concession stand.
You probably received a letter from the Booster Club already alerting you to the fund drive, said Christine O’Grady of the Boosters Club.
"This drive plays a huge part in the continued success of all athletic programs at both the middle school and the high school," she said.
The letter lists some of the purchases the Boosters were able to make as a result of the membership drive last year:
- Booster Day Platinum Donor Sign
- State Field Hockey Banquet Advertisement
- Citizens Scholarship Foundation Donation
- Portable Netting System for Boys Lacrosse/Field Hockey
- Scrimmage Jerseys for Boys Lacrosse
- JP Medeiros Memorial Hockey Game
- Award Jackets, Plaques & Emblems
- Words Unlimited Program Ad – Ann Marie Marino, Coach of the Year
- HUDL Video Coaching Software Renewal
- Video Cameras/Bags/Tripods/Batteries
- Barrington Eagles Tent
- Helmets & Pitching Screens for Girls Softball
- New Bats for Boys Baseball
- Holiday Basketball Tournament
- Popcorn Machine for Eagles Nest
- Wrestling & Field Hockey Warm Ups
- Boys Track Coach Travel Allowance to New Balance National Meet
- Track & Field Record Board
- Winter/Spring Sports Schedules
- Blue Out T-Shirts
Membership categories include Platinum Eagle for $250; Golden Eagle for $100; Silver Eagle for $50; and General Membership at $25. Other contributions can be made for any amount.
The Platinum Eagle includes your name on a plaque at the Eagles Nest and two free admissions to all high school athletic events. The Golden Eagle includes one free admission to all high school athletic events.
“We are so proud of all the fantastic accomplishments of our student-athletes,” said Ryan in the letter to residents. “Please help be a part of their continued success.”
A membership form should be sent to Barrington Booster Club, Inc., Box 232, Barrington, RI 02806. If you need more information, call Ryan at 699-6637 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.