6 Things to Know About This Weekend
Sun and clouds mix; used sporting goods sale; BCA open house; St. Patrick's Day dinner; 'Demolution' concert; lecture on 'Eating With The Ecosystem'.
Here are six things you should know about this weekend in Barrington:
- Sun and clouds will mix all weekend with temperatures getting up into the mid 40s each day.
- Hampden Meadows School's annual used sporting goods sale runs Saturday from 9 am to 2 pm; pick up all kinds of gear at rock-bottom prices at the school at 297 New Meadow Road.
- Barrington Christian Academy, 9 Old County Road, hosts its annual "open house" from 9 am to noon; visit the classrooms, meet the faculty and participate in educational and entertaining activities.
- Barrington United Methodist Church, 230 Washington Road, hosts a St. Patrick's Day dinner on Saturday from 6 to 7:30 pm; cost is $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under; eat in or take out a traditional corned beef/cabbage/root vegetables and Irish soda bread OR Irish Stew in a bread bowl -- both include desserts and refreshments.
- "Demolution!" offers high school bands at the Democratic Club, 186 Roffee St., on Saturday from 6:30 to 10 pm; sponsored by The BAY Team.
- Barrington Congregational Church offers “Eating with the Ecosystem” -- the Regina F. Barenback Memorial Lecture -- on Sunday at 2 pm; learn about local environmental sustainability, with a cooking workshop demonstration on underutilized marine species, from two authorities on local shellfishing.