5 Things to Know About Today
Clouds, sun; school vacation week recreation; open gym night; free blood pressure screening; story hour at book store.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- Clouds and sunshine with high temperatures in the mid 30s and winds at 15 to 25 mph.
- The Barrington recreation department continues its school vacation-week program at the middle school this week with two sessions daily for kids ages 6-12. Games, sports, arts and crafts and special themed events each day from 9:30 am to noon and 12:30 to 3 pm. $5 per child per session.
- If it’s Thursday, it’s open gym night for adult basketball from 6 to 9 at the Barrington Middle School, sponsored by the recreation department. You must be 18 or older.
- The Barrington Senior Center offers free blood pressure screenings from 10:30 to 11:30 am
- Margie Reed leads a lively story hour for children every Thursday morning at 10 at Barrington Books in the Barrington Shopping Center.