5 Things to Know About Today
Windy weather; 'Sandy Relief' dinner; open gym night; series starts on Constitution and Bill of Rights; story hour for children at book store.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- Today will be very windy with rain in the morning and a mix of sun and clouds in the afternoon. High temperatures in the 50s will fall into the low 40s. Expect gusts of 40 mph.
- A dinner to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy at a Staten Island high school will be served from 6 to 8 pm at Barrington High School.
- If it’s Thursday, it’s open gym night for adult basketball from 6 to 9 at the Barrington Middle School, sponsored by the recreation department. You must be 18 or older.
- An open classroom series on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights starts its 10-week run at 7 pm in the Barrington library.
- Margie Reed leads a lively story hour for children every Thursday morning at 10 at Barrington Books in the Barrington Shopping Center.