5 Things to Know About Today
Plenty of rain; hear a talk on losing fat with your Neighbors; Garden Club focuses on shrubs; brown bag lunch series for women; Raimondo speaks to Rotary Club.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- After a mix of rain and snow overnight, plenty of rain will fall today with temperatures pushing up into the mid 40s.
- At its monthly meeting in St. James Lutheran Church on Middle Highway, Barrington Neighbors and Newcomers is sponsoring a "Talk of the Town" by Matthew Gagliano of Fitness Together; he will share a presentation on "Effective Fat Loss" followed by a mini-demo workout; the meeting starts at 7:30 pm.
- The Barrington Garden Club's monthly meeting at 12 noon in the library takes a look at 'Shrubs for Year-Round Interest' with Cheryl Monroe, a master gardener with the Holden Garden Club in Massachusetts who specializes in clematis; guests are always welcome.
- The East Bay Chamber and W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women’s Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) continue a weekly brown bag lunch series for women at noon today at the Chamber office, 16 Cutler Street, Warren. There is a new guest speaker each week.
- RI General Treasurer Gina Raimondo is the guest speaker at the Barrington/Warren Rotary Club's weekly meeting at 6:30 pm at the Wharf Tavern, 215 Water St., Warren; she will talk at 7:15 pm.