6 Things to Know About Today
Sun and clouds mix; pasta dinner at Holy Angels; classroom series aims right to bear arms; story hour for kids; open gym night; boys' ice hockey team starts title series at Brown.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- A mix of sun and clouds with a chance of sprinkles or flurries and temperatures reaching the mid 30s and staying there.
- Holy Angels church hosts one of its popular pasta dinners from 4:30 to 7:30 pm at the parish on Maple Avenue. Tickets are $10 for adults and children ages 5-12.
- The open-classroom series on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights continues its 10-week run at 7 pm in the Barrington library auditorium. Professor Stephen Mathis of Wheaton College will tackle The Second Amendment -- the right to bear arms.
- Barrington Books, 184 County Road, hosts a story hour for children each Thursday at 10 am with Margie Reed.
- If it’s Thursday, it’s open gym night for adult basketball from 6 to 9 at the Barrington Middle School, sponsored by the recreation department. You must be 18 or older.
- Barrington High's boys' ice hockey team starts its Division I championship series against Burriville High at Brown University. Faceoff is 8:15.