5 Things to Know About Today
Mostly sunny; series on Constitution continues; open gym night; free blood pressure checks; story hour at bookstore.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- Clouds in the morning will give way to mostely sunny skies in the afternoon with temperatures getting up into the low to mid 40s.
- An open-classroom series on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights continues its 10-week run at 7 pm in the Barrington library auditorium. Professor Diana Hassel at Roger Williams University will lead part 2 of "Our Legislators Can Do What? - The Legislative, Executive, and Judicial Branches."
- If it’s Thursday, it’s open gym night for adult basketball from 6 to 9 at the Barrington Middle School, sponsored by the recreation department. You must be 18 or older.
- The Barrington Senior Center offers free blood pressure screenings from 10:30 to 11:30 am
- Margie Reed leads a lively story hour for children every Thursday morning at 10 at Barrington Books in the Barrington Shopping Center.