5 Things to Know About Today
Snow showers; Strengthenging Families Program; indoor rowing; brown bag lunch series for women; Rhythm Quest Percussion for kids.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- There is a chance of morning snow showers with skies becoming partly cloudy later and a high temperature near 30 degrees.
- The BAY Team hosts another Parent2Parent workshop series today in the Barrington library that introduces the Strengthening Families Program (SFP) – a program found to significantly reduce problem behaviors, delinquency, and alcohol and drug abuse in children. It starts at 6:30 pm with lessons on "goals and contracts to change behavior" and "no alcohol, tobaccor or other drugs."
- East Bay Rowing offers indoor rowing today at 426 Fitness, 426 Metacom Ave., Warren. The winter program begins at 9 am every Tuesday.
- The East Bay Chamber and W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women’s Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) continue at noon today a weekly brown bag lunch series at the Chamber office, 16 Cutler Street, Warren. There is a new guest speaker each week.
- Rhythm Quest Percussion is a youth-based percussion ensemble open to those ages 12 to 18 who want to learn, play and perform within the community. It meets at Reynolds School in Bristol. For more information, visit the website.