5 Things to Know About Today
Coldest weather of season; special education session; Parent2Parent workshop; indoor rowing; brown bag lunch series for women.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- The coldest weather of the season has moved into the region and snow this morning will change to a few snow showers this afternoon. Temps will rise only into the high 20s with winds at 20 to 30 mph making it feel much colder. Very cold tonight.
- The Barrington Special Education Advisory Committee will answer your questions about your child transitioning into Hampden Meadows, the Barrington Middle School or Barrington High School tonight at 7 in the high school, 220 Lincoln Ave.
- The BAY Team hosts another Parent2Parent workshop series today in the Barrington library that is designed to introduce the Strengthening Families Program (SFP) – a program found to significantly reduce problem behaviors, delinquency, and alcohol and drug abuse in children. It starts at 6:30 pm.
- East Bay Rowing offers indoor rowing today at 426 Fitness, 426 Metacom Ave., Warren. The winter program begins at 9 am every Tuesday.
- The East Bay Chamber and W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women’s Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) continue at noon today a weekly brown bag lunch series at the Chamber office, 16 Cutler Street, Warren. Elizabeth Tanner of Tanner Law talks about “the health of your business; entity classification.”