5 Things to Know About Today
Cloudy skies; Garden Club goes to birds; Parent2Parent series starts; indoor rowing; reduce stress over lunch.
Here are five things you should know about today, Jan, 15, in Barrington:
- Temperatures will drop into the 40s today and the sun will disappear again behind clouds.
- The Barrington Garden Club meets today at noon in the Barrington library. It features guest-speaker Julie Collier, a member of Wing Masters, an organization that cares for injured birds of prey in Massachusetts. She will be sharing six live birds with the club. There is a $5 guest fee.
- The BAY Team hosts a Parent2Parent workshop series starting today in the Barrington library that is designed to introduce the Strengthening Families Program (SFP) – a program found to significantly reduce problem behaviors, delinquency, and alcohol and drug abuse in children. It starts at 6:30 pm.
- East Bay Rowing offers indoor rowing today at 426 Fitness, 426 Metacom Ave., Warren. The winter program begins at 9 am every Tuesday.
- The East Bay Chamber and W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women’s Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) continue at noon today a weekly brown bag lunch series at the Chamber office, 16 Cutler Street, Warren. Joanna Meriwether, holistic executive health coach, will demonstrate "Simple Stress Reduction Techniques for Work."